Ship’s Data Distribution Unit
The Universal Data Distribution System is designed to collect, process and prioritise a range of data for distribution on naval ships. The system has a flexible modular architecture and can therefore provide a cost effective solution for data distribution on various platforms from patrol craft to frigate classes.
A ship’s system can range from a single Universal Data Processor Unit (UDPU) to multiple units, which may be deployed around the ship at different locations to suit the specific data integrity needs of the platform. Dual Ethernet Fibre Optic links between units provides for high data carrying capacity and low data latency, and is very efficient in minimising ships cabling. Each UDPU can be provided with single or dual processors for redundancy. Data produced is available to sub systems via Ethernet, serial RS422 or Synchro (60Hz or 400Hz) interfaces.
The UDPU and associated hardware have been fully qualified to military environmental standards and are based on systems which have been in service with the US Navy since 2003, providing processing and dissemination of wind and other navigation data for various different classes of naval vessels. Please contact AGI to see how your data distribution requirements can be cost effectively met using our proven technology.
Data collected and distributed includes ships heading, speed, distance, roll, pitch, wind, meteorological, depth, GPS, Time etc, from multiple sources.
- Scalable modular design to meet our customers’ specific requirements for up to 50 unique outputs
- Each output is generated by a dedicated processing card
- Processing of incoming data is independent of other cards
- Customised processing cards are available that offer different interfacing options
- Data latencies are fi xed, and do not vary with traffic throughput
- Individual critical output channels can have redundant processing
- Dedicated port for connection to a remote monitoring unit
- Ethernet port to attach a laptop for maintenance activities
EMC – Mil-Std 461E
Shock – Mil-Std 901 grade A
Environmental – Mil-Std 810