Production Engineer14th June 2019
Production Engineer: AGI Limited recurrently recruiting a Production Engineer to be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of efficient and effective manufacturing processes.
The Production Engineer to work closely with the Production Engineering Manager to create Standard Operating Instruction (systemised) for both new and existing lines and to identity ways to reduce production costs through flow analysis, new process equipment and optimised manufacturing and test methods.
The right candidate must have in depth knowledge of design, manufacturing and test processes with experience using MRP/ERP systems along with the use of Lean/Six Sigma tools and techniques.
The Successful Production Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Undertake Organise and lead the shop-floor re-configuration project ensuring a ‘set for flow’ layout.
- Work with Design Engineering on all APQP methods i.e. design for cost, design for test, design for manufacturability and design for assembly.
- Act as liaison between Design Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing.
- Assist with drawing interpretation and conversion to work instructions (Standard Operations) as appropriate.
- Investigate, report and rectify any and all process issues affecting throughput and quality.
- Provide manufacturing data i.e. production control charts, reliability and process capability.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience for the Production Engineer’s opportunity:
- In depth knowledge of design, manufacturing and test processes.
- Process Engineering disciplines including APQP, Gauge R & R, DFMA, DFMEA and PFMEA.
- Previous experience of MRP/ERP systems.
- Ability to read and understand complex technical drawings and processes.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written (presentation skills are also critical).
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake various responsibilities.
About AGI Limited:
Aeronautical & General Instruments Limited (AGI) is a British company, which manufactures a wide range of instruments and systems for the defence and civil markets worldwide. Being an established business for over 100 years, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work, promoting equal opportunities, inclusion and engagement at every level.
We believe that our employees make us successful and we are always looking for driven people who love the challenge and will support us in our continual business development and growth.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Production Engineer’s role:
- Holiday entitlements of 25 days per year + 8 Bank holidays.
- Death in Service as per the relevant scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Training and Development.
- Flexible working hours.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button to start your application for the Production Engineering opportunity, based in our Poole office.