Mechanical Engineer14th May 2019
|Salary||£35,000 – £40,000|
Aeronautical & General Instruments Limited (AGI) is a British company, which manufactures a wide range of instruments and systems for the defence and civil markets worldwide. Being an established business for over 100 years, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work, promoting equal opportunities, inclusion and engagement at every level.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our busy Naval Division on a permanent basis. You will research, design, develop and test Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical hardware for a variety of products.
- Responsible for the design and development of mechanical hardware, which is consistent with targets of time scale, cost and technical performance.
- Ensure that products are fit for purpose, can be manufactured in a low volume high value production environment
- Work from customer or internally prepared design specifications to produce design layouts and documentation for the production of drawings and bills of materials
- Check designs for feasibility of construction, checking that all safety factors have been incorporated and that the design is fit for purpose, consulting with other Engineers or the Engineering Management if necessary.
- Take ownership of design tasks and check drawings produced by others ensuring the component dimensions and details provide full inter-changeability with associated parts and are fit for purpose
Ideally you will have experience of CAD Drawing software, Solidworks, and Draftsight, as well as familiarisation with general Drawing practice. If you have a meticulous and disciplined approach to work, with a high level of accuracy we would love to hear from you.
We believe that our employees make us successful and we are always looking for driven people who love the challenge and will support us in our continual business development and growth.
So, if you like the sound of striving for success and are committed to continuous improvement, click apply!