Mechanical Engineer17th June 2019
Mechanical Engineer: An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our busy Engineering department here at Aeronautical & General Instruments Ltd as a Mechanical Engineer.
The Mechanical Engineer will play a pivotal role in the business as they will be responsible for producing design layouts in Solidworks and Autocad (DraftSight) and to carry out analysis to meet technical and commercial specifications. Working closely with the Mechanical Team Lead, the Mechanical Engineer will help research, design, develop and test Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical hardware for various company products and provide engineering support for legacy products whilst ensuring products are fit for purpose in harsh and demanding environments.
The Successful Mechanical Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the design and development of mechanical hardware, which is consistent with targets of time scale, cost and technical performance.
- Ensure that products are fit for purpose, can be manufactured in a low volume high value production environment.
- Work from customer or internally prepared design specifications to produce design layouts and documentation for the production of drawings and bills of materials
- Check designs for feasibility of construction, checking that all safety factors have been incorporated and that the design is fit for purpose, consulting with other Engineers or the Engineering Management if necessary.
- Investigate new designs, carry out analysis and propose new methods of manufacture as appropriate.
- Attend meetings, as and when required, with customers, suppliers and other departments to discuss design requirements, schemes and progress, reporting back to the Engineering Management as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience for the Mechanical Engineer’s opportunity:
- Mechanical design and evaluation.
- CAD software – Solidworks and DraftSight.
- MRP systems and BOMs.
- Project management and cost control.
- Basic Electrical and wiring layout & Thermal and mechanical analysis.
- Basic understanding of motion control systems (motors, gearboxes, controllers, dynamic and static interfacing)
- Mechanical and fault investigation troubleshooting.
About AGI Limited:
Aeronautical & General Instruments Limited (AGI) is a British company, which manufactures a wide range of instruments and systems for the defence and civil markets worldwide. Being an established business for over 100 years, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work, promoting equal opportunities, inclusion and engagement at every level.
We believe that our employees make us successful and we are always looking for driven people who love the challenge and will support us in our continual business development and growth.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Mechanical Engineer’s role:
- Holiday entitlements of 25 days per year + 8 Bank holidays.
- Death in Service as per the relevant scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Training and Development.
- Flexible working hours.
Interested in career opportunities with AGI? Please get in touch with Jay Hannen HR Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org