Engineering Director14th May 2019
|Salary||Competitive + Benefits|
AGI Holdings are currently recruiting an Engineering Director to be responsible for managing the engineering function of both AGI Ltd and Aish Technologies.
Aeronautical & General Instruments Limited (AGI) is a British company, which manufactures a wide range of instruments and systems for the defence and civil markets worldwide. Aish Technologies is a design and manufacturing company that specialises in the protection of electronic equipment in harsh environments. Both are based on the south coast of England in Poole, Dorset.
As Engineering Director you will act as the design authority for all the company’s products ensuring they are fit for purpose and comply with all regulations that are necessary.
The role will ensure that the engineering staff are fully trained and have the knowledge and skill to perform the tasks required by the business.
Furthermore the Engineering Director will be expected to make a significant contribution toward the Company management and its capability in meeting its overall strategic growth objectives.
- To effectively lead and manage the direct reports to the role, ensuring development, welfare, behaviours and performance are measured and responded to proactively, professionally and accordingly.
- Direct and monitor all personnel activities within engineering area including manpower forecasting, recruitment, salary increases, staff assignments and performance assessment.
- To ensure that engineering tasks are effectively scheduled, managed and deemed to meet their cost, specification and timescale.
- Responsibility for the design process ensuring it is followed, managed and improved.
- To be responsible for technical development of new and existing products, ensuring they are fit for purpose and aligned with budgets for manufacturing cost.
- To provide technical and project support to the sales department and when necessary other areas of the company.
- To meet financial objectives through the implementation of cost reduction initiatives, forecasting, budget preparation and expenditure scheduling, analysing variances and implementing corrective action when necessary.
- Preparation for and participation in Senior Management level meetings as required.
- Preparation and dissemination of reports, presentation data and general information as and when required.
- Attendance at meetings as and when required.
- Supporting the generation and reviewing of Company proposals / tenders and contracts received, including but not limited to Commercial Terms & Conditions.
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation as required to achieve company objectives.
- Develop the organisation’s growth, strategy and objectives, consistent with the Company’s broader aims.
- Consistently seek, explore and implement opportunities for increasing efficiency and reducing costs in particular warranty costs and costs of manufacture.
If you possess superior engineering skills, are capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines, hold leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage and communicate with engineers, estimators, construction personnel, project managers, and clients we would love to hear from you.
A solid understanding of business principals including costs, margins, earning rates etc. is essential as well as manufacturing and process control knowledge.
A good understanding of Programme & Project Management requirements as well as maintaining awareness of legislation, codes of practice and operating standards associated with the duties, as would reasonably be expected to ensure proper compliance with them is also beneficial.
You will have excellent presentation skills the ability to establish and manage budgets as well as the capability to influence and persuade.
We believe that our employees make us successful and we are always looking for driven people who love the challenge and will support us in our continual business development and growth.
We offer competitive packages to our employees and always aim to promote personal and professional development at all levels.