Electronic Engineer14th May 2019
|Salary||£35,000 – £40,000|
Aeronautical & General Instruments Limited (AGI) is a British company, which manufactures a wide range of instruments and systems for the defence and civil markets worldwide. Being an established business for over 100 years, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work, promoting equal opportunities, inclusion and engagement at every level.
Our Naval Division are currently recruiting for an Electronic Engineer to undertake electronic hardware design and development for the company’s range of products.
- Design and development of electronic hardware consistent with the given targets of timescale, cost and technical performance.
- Undertaking complete projects including project management under the general supervision of the Business Manager or nominated deputy.
- Liaising in a professional manner with customers, sub-contractors and suppliers when necessary to establish technical requirements as well as providing installation and technical support.
- Researching new concepts and ideas and introducing them appropriate to the company
- Producing documentation to support CE marking and other compliance documentation
- Preparing technical documentation in accordance with the AGI ISO9001 procedures, including documents DC3, DC4 and DC9.
- Maintaining an awareness of current hardware techniques so that these techniques may be adopted as and when necessary
- Maintaining an awareness of related product developments
- Providing occasional support off-site or at customer location which may include installation of equipment, trial support, etc. possible overseas on occasion
- Representing the company when meeting customers and suppliers in a presentable, informed and courteous manner
If you have a formal qualification in Electronic hardware, digital and analogue design or are qualified by experience we would love to hear from you. Ideally you will have experience within defence electronic/electrical hardware, system design and support.
We believe that our employees make us successful and we are always looking for driven people who love the challenge and will support us in our continual business development and growth.
We offer competitive packages to our employees and always aim to promote personal and professional development at all levels.
So, if you like the sound of striving for success and are committed to continuous improvement, click apply!