Bids Manager17th June 2019
|Salary||Up to £40,000 DOE|
Bids Manager: AGI Limited recurrently recruiting a Bids Manager to be responsible for managing opportunities from qualification through to contract award, including proposition, commercial consideration and risk management.
Working closely and liaising with key stakeholders: – Business Development Engineering, Manufacturing Purchasing and Project Management as well as clients, the Bids Manager will support the business through the collation and preparation of quotation, tender and bid documents to ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids.
The Bids Manager must possess strong communication and computer skills and must have previous experience in formulating bids, proposals and quotations with the ability to understand and disseminate technical documentations along with an understanding of commercial business principles to EBITDA level.
The Successful Bids Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Responsible for extracting relevant technical information from customers supplied documentation to enable quotation, tender or bid submission.
- Responsible for managing opportunities from qualification through to contract award, including proposition, commercial considerations and risk management.
- Working closely with Business Development teams to progress any leads they qualify through sales visits and exhibitions.
- Working closely with Business Development teams to progress any leads that qualify through sales visits and exhibitions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience for the Bids Manager’s opportunity:
- Previous experience in formulating bids, proposal and quotations essential.
- Working knowledge/ understanding of MRP systems.
- Knowledge of CRM system is advantageous but not essential.
- An organised and through approach to work with strong attention to detail in order to set priorities handle multiple responsibilities to meet deadline.
About AGI Limited:
Aeronautical & General Instruments Limited (AGI) is a British company, which manufactures a wide range of instruments and systems for the defence and civil markets worldwide. Being an established business for over 100 years, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work, promoting equal opportunities, inclusion and engagement at every level.
We believe that our employees make us successful and we are always looking for driven people who love the challenge and will support us in our continual business development and growth.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Bids Manager’s role:
- Holiday entitlements of 25 days per year + 8 Bank holidays.
- Death in Service as per the relevant scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Training and Development.
- Flexible working hours.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button to start your application for the Bids Manager opportunity, based in our Poole office.