Bids and Proposal Coordinator
Bids and Proposal Coordinator
Aeronautical & General Instruments Limited (AGI) is a British company, which manufactures a wide range of instruments and systems for the defence and civil markets worldwide. Being an established business for over 100 years, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work, promoting equal opportunities, inclusion and engagement at every level.
Our Commercial department is currently recruiting for a Bids and Proposal Coordinator to provide support to the sales team through the collation and preparation of quotation, tender and bid documents. You will work closely with key stakeholders including Business Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Project Management.
- Responsible and accountable for submission of a completed quotation, tender or bid to an existing or prospective customer, on time and within budget. Ensuring all the clients questions have been answered, giving us the best possible chance of success.
- Responsible for extracting relevant technical information from customers supplied documentation to enable quotation, tender or bid submission.
- Responsible for managing opportunities from qualification through to contract award, including proposition, commercial considerations and risk management.
- Working closely with Business Development teams to progress any leads they qualify through sales visits and exhibitions.
- Assist with closing sales opportunities ensuring both commercial Terms and Conditions and costs comply with Business Development targets and Company guidelines.
- To liaise, on behalf of company, with customers and suppliers as necessary, for the success of the tender or bid.
- Observe both UKG Export Controls and US ITAR polices and requirements as stipulated by the Company and ensure, with guidance from the Commercial Director that these requirements flow into Commercial or Contractual paperwork.
- Observe the Company’s Bribery and Corruption processes and ensure that Sales Partner relationships are compliant before entering Contract.
- Consistently seek, explore and implement opportunities for increasing efficiency and reducing costs
- Championing change initiatives within the department and business
If you have previous experience of formulation bids, proposals and quotations, as well as working knowledge of MRP systems we would love to hear from you. Ideally you will have the ability to understand and disseminate technical documentation along with an understanding of commercial business principles to EBITDA level.
We believe that our employees make us successful and we are always looking for driven people who love the challenge and will support us in our continual business development and growth.
We offer competitive packages to our employees and always aim to promote personal and professional development at all levels.
So, if you like the sound of striving for success and are committed to continuous improvement, click apply!